**CLASS KIT $15 Due day of class**
AGES 8 to ADULT
BRING A BAG LUNCH OR SNACK AND SOMETHING TO DRINK. We will have time to socialize, listen to good music and eat together for about 30 minutes.
No sewing is necessary in this creative class using fabric to embellish a basic pair of old canvas sneakers or new ones. They will be absolutely waterproof afterwards and fun to use all summer long at your favorite activities like the pool. Class good for guy’s n gals, the sky is the limit; any kind of cotton themed fabric, flat lace, ribbon, and decorative trim, will work. Show your interest in anime, cats, dogs, super heroes, books, astronomy, let your new sneakers show your true self. This is a great DIY project to breathe new life into an old pair of sneakers or tennis shoes. Be the envy of family and friends with sneakers that express your favorite colors and imagination. Bring a friend, mom bring your daughters, or Grandma bring your grandkids and do the project together. Great bonding activity. Christmas is not far away. Get a jump start on your Santa Christmas list. You know for the people that have everything and you have no idea what to buy them.
If you are doing this project with a friend, parent, or child, you can share 1 class kit per 2 students.
- Bamboo Wood Skewer (Included in Kit)
- Paint Sponge (Included in Kit)
- Jar of Gel Coating (Included in Kit)
- X-acto knife (Can pick up at dollar store.)
- Cotton Fabric, Flat Lace, Ribbon, Decorative Trim, the skies the limit
- New or old pair of canvas tennis shoes, (Walmart has for $5.00 to $7.00)
- Newspapers to stuff your shoe with and put on work surface
- Sharp Scissors to cut away excess fabric.
- Pen or Pencil. If fabric is dark than a chalk pencil. (Can be bought at Sew & Vac)
- Bring a bagged lunch and or snack and a beverage of choice
- Bring your creative juices and a great attitude to class and have fun.
Do you have Questions about this Class/Event? Please call Pocono Sew and Vac and ask for Peggy the class instructor. Available Monday through Thursday 9 AM to 5:30 PM at 570-421-4580.
Class Cancellation Policy
To reserve a seat, all Pocono Sew & Vac classes must to be paid in full before the class begins. In the event that a student needs to cancel their reservation for a class, they should notify PS&V at least 7 days in advance to be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made 2-6 days before class will be issued a store credit. Cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance will not be eligible for a refund or store credit.