In this class we will be creating a “3D” fish pond using our ScanNCut machines to cut out our appliques. No ScanNCut? No problem! Buy the materials and use our floor model during class, or buy the applique pieces as a kit at an additional charge. Our main focus in this class is cutting larger shapes using our 12”x24” mats. We will also discuss how to create designs with shadows and perspective. Main points during class:
- Cutting Fabric with HeatNBond
- Using our large 12”x24” Mats
***PLEASE NOTIFY THE TEACHER AT LEAST ONE WEEK BEFORE CLASS IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE THE APPLIQUE PIECES AS A KIT*** Kit fee will be payable directly to the teacher the day of class.
If you do not own a ScanNCut but would wish to try ours out during class, please also notify the teacher at the time of signing up.
- Your ScanNCut Machine
- 12”x24” Standard Mat
- Standard Fabric Blade
- THREE 1/3 yard cuts in orange and TWO 3/8 yard cuts in orange. There are 5 fish, you may do them all in one color/pattern, or each in a different color/pattern.
- ¾ yd Gray for shadows
- 1 5/8 yard 90” wide fabric for background, or 4 1/8 yd 40” wide fabric for pieced background. PLEASE HAVE BACKGROUND CUT/PIECED BEFORE CLASS. Background size: 54”x72”
- 3 1/3 yd HeatNBond Light
- Spray Adhesive
- Sewing machine in working order
- Matching thread
- Satin Stitch Foot
- Pins and sewing notions
We will only be constructing the top during class, however, we will discuss quilting options to make the top “pop”. Here is the supply list for the backing and binding:
- Backing 4 5/8 yds
- Batting 62”x80”
- Binding - 2/3 for straight grain, or 1 yd for bias binding
Design Copyright 2014 by Casey York from the Book Modern Applique Illusions from C&T Publishing Inc.
Class Cancellation Policy
To reserve a seat, all Pocono Sew & Vac classes must to be paid in full before the class begins. In the event that a student needs to cancel their reservation for a class, they should notify PS&V at least 7 days in advance to be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made 2-6 days before class will be issued a store credit. Cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance will not be eligible for a refund or store credit.