Brighten your home décor with these playful quilt ball ornaments for holiday or every day! These no-sew quilt balls are simple and fun to make. Fabric is cut, folded, and pinned to a Styrofoam ball to make the design of a 8 pointed star. The ornament is then embellished with ribbons, bows, pearl pins, and beads. Then hang it on a Christmas tree or toss into a table display and enjoy for years to come. They make great, personal gifts too!
This class will introduce the techniques of making this ball, including fabric measurements by and cutting, color, and material selection, and folding variations. It is a great way to be introduced to the joys of textile arts or for the savvy quilter, it is a great way to use fabrics left-over from recent projects to make coordinating items.Supply List
- 1 grid ruler at least 6 x 12 inches
- 1 pair of fabric scissors or rotary cutter
- 1 number 2 pencil
- 2 styrofoam balls 4” or 3.8” diameter, rough texture, ex. FloraCraft
- 3 half yards of coordinating quilting fabric
- 2 yards of coordinating ribbon at least ¾” wide, non-transparent
- 1 box of dressmakers pins at least 350 count, 1.25” long
- Optional: additional ribbons, bows, flowers, bells, beads, pearlized head pins, etc.
Class Cancellation Policy
To reserve a seat, all Pocono Sew & Vac classes must to be paid in full before the class begins. In the event that a student needs to cancel their reservation for a class, they should notify PS&V at least 7 days in advance to be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made 2-6 days before class will be issued a store credit. Cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance will not be eligible for a refund or store credit.