Whether you are returning to sewing after many years or just starting out, this class will get you going. You will learn basic sewing terms, how to use your basic sewing tools, and most importantly, become comfortable using your sewing machine. Purchasing the right pattern for you and different types of fabrics will also be discussed. Students will choose between making a tote bag or placemat and will be shown how to make a pattern.
Each student will need to bring the following supplies and equipment for class:
All Sewing Supplies are 20% off Regular Price the day of the class.
- Your Sewing machine in good working order with power cord and foot controller.
- Don't have a sewing machine and want to attend this class? Please call our store to reserve one of our loaner machines. Limited Availability.
- Basic Sewing supplies needed:
- Tape measure
- Seam gauge
- Other miscellaneous sewing notions
- 1 Yard piece of a cotton, cotton blend, or light weight poplin material and another 1 yard piece of coordinating fabric for either the tote bag or placemats.
- If making the placemats, the student will also need a yard of low loft batting.
Class Cancellation Policy
To reserve a seat, all Pocono Sew & Vac classes must to be paid in full before the class begins. In the event that a student needs to cancel their reservation for a class, they should notify PS&V at least 7 days in advance to be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made 2-6 days before class will be issued a store credit. Cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance will not be eligible for a refund or store credit.