This pattern, designed by Janelle MacKay for Emmeline Bags is an enhancement to a simple zipper pouch. The bag has a wide base and wide opening which stays open for easy access. This bag can be used as a make-up or toiletry bag, a sewing bag or just about anything you can imagine.
The bag comes in two sizes, we will be making the standard small bag, but additional finishing options will be discussed – I know you will want to make more!
This class is suitable for a beginner who is confident with using a sewing machine.
Finished bag measures: 8.5” L, 5” H, and 4” W.
I will email the link to download the pattern and instructions on which steps to complete prior to class a few weeks prior to class.
- Fabric and Interfacing
- 1 FQ - Exterior fabric (quilting cotton, or similar weight fabric recommended)
- 1/2 yd - Lining fabric
- 1 yd 20” wide Interfacing (Light/ Medium fusible non-woven interfacing, such as Pellon Shapeflex)
- 25” x 8” Pellon TP971F Fusible Fleece, Thermolam Plus or similar dense needled fusible fleece
- *2 - internal Wire Frames (Style A) - 8 1/2" X 2 1/4"
*Available from instructor day of class $8.00
- 1 - 16” closed end nylon zipper
- Notions & Tools
- Matching Thread
- Water-soluble Erasable Marking Pen, or Chalk Pencil
- Rotary Cutter or scissors, Cutting Mat, Ruler
- Pins, wonder clips
- Seam ripper
- Hand sewing needle
- Sewing machine is good with order and knowledge of machine
- WashAway Wonder Tape 1/4” wide, or fabric glue for zipper attachment
- Zipper foot & Walking foot
- Small iron
Supplies available at PSV
Class Cancellation Policy
To reserve a seat, all Pocono Sew & Vac classes must be paid in full upon registration. In the event that a student needs to cancel their reservation for a class, they should notify PS&V at least 7 days in advance (by phone) to be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made less than 7 days before class will not be issued a refund.
If a class does not have the minimum number of participants 7 days prior to class day, the teacher will cancel class. The customer will be fully refunded within 7 to 10 business days. Any questions call PS&V at 800-442-8227.
Some classes require homework to be done before class, such as cutting/prepping fabrics. If homework is required, it will be posted in the class description. Please read the class description thoroughly before signing up before a class. If homework is not done by the start of class, you will not be able to attend, and a refund will not be issued. If you have any questions regarding class homework, please call the store and we will be happy to help.