Friday, November 16, 2018
Saturday, November 17, 2018
9:30 am to 5:00 pm
(Friday and Saturday are now full. Call the store to be added to the wait list.)
Seminars, Shows and Events
Embroidery Event of the YEAR!!!
Come to the store for a fun-filled, educational event with
Owner of Mama's Boy Designs
Friday, November 16th is now full. Call the store to be added to the wait list.
When: Friday, November 16, OR Saturday, November 17.
(You pick the day!)
Where Our store! Pocono Sew and Vac
Cost $39 (includes a light lunch and refreshments)
What to Bring Just YOU! Nothing extra unless you want to take notes.
We are extremely excited to have this event hosted by Mike Johns. He has an extensive background in the creative arts and is well-versed in single and multi-needle machines in various brands, cutting machines, software, and hooping systems. This is going to be an awesome opportunity at attend an event with a pro in the industry.
This guy is AMAZING. Kathy and Lauren attended a class with Mike Johns and Nikki Brazzell at Babylock Tech in August and LOVED it. If you love Nikki, we guarantee you will love Mike.
What Will You Learn???
It's NOT just embroidery, it's a whole lot more! The class is comprised of a little bit of lecture and a lot of hands-on.
Topics covered will be:
- Hooping impossible items. Discover how easy hooping can be, especially projects that leave you scratching your head.
- Updated Stabilizer information! Everyone always has questions on appropriate stabilizers and Mike will make it easy for you AND easy to understand. There are new products on the market which you have never heard of. Get timely information to help you be more successful with your projects.
- Embroidery software. Mike will give you guidance on software. He is well versed in various programs which can give insight on how it can help you with your embroidery.
- Superior adhesive products. Create beautiful applique, won’t gum up your needle and are perfect for cutting machines—no odors or fumes!
- Cutting machines! How to integrate the cutting machines with your embroidery designs.
- and Much More.
You'll get lots of demos and hand-on experiences in this embroidery event.
Mike attended Florida State University and received his BA in Theatre and an MFA in Theatre with a focus in Costume Design and Technology. He has an extensive background in the creative arts taught to him by his grandparents, mom and dad. Creativity certainly runs in his family!
Currently, his focus is teaching interested stitching enthusiasts via machine education and promotion. He offers a wide variety of classes on single and multi-needle embroidery machines, sergers, Durkee embroidery hoops, cutting machines and embroidery software. WOW! This guy does it all!!! He has traveled the world during his military days and worked for a professional theatre before moving into the financial regulatory industry. The financial industry's loss is our gain because Mike is now using his extensive knowledge in the field of embroidery, sewing, and serging to teach everyone how to use their embroidery and sewing machines to their full potential.
Sign up for this incredible class today. You'll learn so much and will be able to put your new knowledge to use right away. Choose your day--either Friday or Saturday and prepare for an exciting day at Pocono Sew and Vac!