See if this works with your machine
The Button Sewing Foot holds buttons in position while attaching them with the sewing machine. This saves time while securely sewing the buttons onto the fabric. This foot can also be used to sew on hook and eye closures.
Part Number: SIG 416284501
Alternate Part Number: 006914008
Guaranteed to fit because it is a part.
- Depending on your machine model, adjust the drop feed lever or attach the feed dog cover plate.
- Snap-on the Sew-On Button Foot.
- Position the button under the foot – the holes of the button should be in the blue open area of the foot. This area has a textured rubberized coating that holds the button in position.
- Set the machine for either a Button Sew Stitch or a Zigzag Stitch on 0 length setting.
- Slowly turn the handwheel towards you to be certain that the needle inserts in the middle of the each hole of the button. The stitch width may need to be adjusted until the needle clears the holes.
- Make 6-8 stitches then knot by changing to the straight stitch at 0 length for 3-4 stitches, first checking to be certain that the needle clears the hole.
- If using a four hole button, re-position the button and repeat Step 6.
Note: If a shank is needed to allow for ease of buttoning, position a straight pin or toothpick under the button before stitching.